April 8, 2013
Posted by on
In an effort to jazz up taco night, I decided to make black beans and rice as a side dish to accompany our beef tacos and green salad. This recipe was easy, and it was a big hit with adults and kids.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2/4 cup uncooked white rice (I used jasmine)
- 1.5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3.5 cups canned black beans, drained and lightly rinsed
- In a pot over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and then add the onions and garlic, sautéing for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the hear and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and the black beans.
There were no leftovers.