Just another WordPress.com site
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
August 28, 2013Posted by on
Last weekend I was looking for something to jazz up an otherwise boring spaghetti and meatball night, and I stumbled across this recipe which did just the trick.
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 28 oz of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef OR do what I did and thaw and cut up pre-made turkey meatballs because, frankly, it was WHAT I HAD IN THE FREEZER!
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In skillet, brown the meat and drain (or you can do my little frozen meatball trick). Stir in pasta sauce.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, then drain.
- Mix the cooked spaghetti with the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic. Stir until the pasta is coated with the cheese mixture.
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ pan and spread a small amount of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan. Put the spaghetti mixture in the pan and cover with meat sauce and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes, until bubbly.
We enjoyed this baked spaghetti casserole with soft and yummy garlic bread and freshly steamed green beans.