Just another WordPress.com site
Coconut Curry Chicken – In the Crock Pot
May 4, 2013Posted by on
I am a sucker for curry. I love all kinds. There’s something lovely about the warm aroma, sweet and spicy flavors, and the way the rice soaks up the amazing sauce. I recently made this version for some friends, and it was a hit.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks (you can also use thighs)
- 5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped (actually this time I used a handful of the sweet mini peppers — a mixture of red, orange and yellow)
- 1 (5 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 (14 oz) can of coconut milk
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 1 jalapeño (seeded and halved) OR 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1.5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Coat your crock pot with a cooking spray (like Pam)
- Place the chicken and carrots at the bottom of the crock pot
- Take all of the other ingredients (except for the cornstarch and water) and put them in your food processor until it is mostly smooth.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and carrots in the crock pot and stir
- Cover, cook on low for 6 hours
- About an hour before it’s done, mix the cornstarch in the water, then add the mixture to the crock pot and stir well.
Serve over rice and enjoy! Garnish with fresh cilantro if you have it.