Just another WordPress.com site
Monthly Archives: March 2012
March 27, 2012Posted by on
The other day I was looking to change up my typical chicken cutlet menu, and I stumbled across this yummy dish that was very easy and delicious. Bonus: my kids devoured their servings. I think we found a keeper.
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a saucepan, gently warm the olive oil and garlic
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese
- Cut your chicken breasts in half so you create double the number of thinner cutlets. This will help the chicken cook quickly and evenly.
- Dip chicken in garlic olive oil, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken cutlets on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until juices run clear. Time will vary depending on the thickness of your cutlets.
The chicken was incredibly moist and flavorful. I paired this entree with roasted broccoli (broccoli + olive oil + salt and pepper in a baking dish at the same time as the chicken) and mashed white potato/sweet potatoes (half and half).
We had one lonely cutlet leftover, so I took it to work and ate it with a piece of leftover lasagna … perfection!