Just another WordPress.com site
Chicken with Lemon Caper Cream Sauce
December 14, 2011Posted by on
- 1/2 medium sized onion (or a combination of onions and shallots), chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/3 cup cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- approx 3.5 ounces of capers
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Slowly cook the onions, shallots and garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan. Stir frequently until onions are soft, but be careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon and dill. Then, turn up the heat and allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese and capers to the mixture, stirring frequently. Allow the sauce to return to a boil.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the sauce and combine it in a small bowl or cup with the cornstarch. Combine and then return to the saute pan.
- Add chicken breasts to the saute pan with the sauce and reduce the heat. Continue to stir and turn the chicken until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
Enjoy the chicken and sauce on top of Jasmine rice and serve with a green vegetable, like asparagus.