Just another WordPress.com site
Monthly Archives: November 2011
November 28, 2011Posted by on
In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, I bring you my all-time favorite leftover turkey recipe. I’m not sure why I always wait to have turkey leftovers to make this. There’s no reason why I couldn’t make it with chicken every other time of the year. This dish is gooey, cheesy and delicious.
- 1 (16 ounce) package of uncooked spaghetti (thin)
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 and 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- About 4 cups chopped cooked turkey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Boil a large pot of salted water, and cook spaghetti al dente (8-10 minutes). Drain and place pasta in baking dish.
- Melt butter in large saucepan, then add flour. Whisk in milk and chicken broth, and cook until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add 1 and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese until melted/combined. Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta, cheese sauce and chopped turkey, and bake at 350 for about 1 hour. The top of the tetrazzini will be lightly browned.
Serve with veggies on the side – like steamed green beans.
Enjoy the cheesy, yummy goodness!