Just another WordPress.com site
Decadent Creamed Corn
April 25, 2011Posted by on
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a deep skillet or saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
- Whisk together the milk and flour, then add to the corn mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture is thickened and the corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
I had doubled the recipe and had quite a bit leftover, and my mom suggested I add it to broth and make a corn chowder. I’ll let you know how that goes!