April 25, 2011
Posted by on
This dish was recently requested by my mom – I had actually forgotten about it. It is sweet, creamy and definitely decadent. Enjoy!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a deep skillet or saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter.
- Whisk together the milk and flour, then add to the corn mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the mixture is thickened and the corn is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
I had doubled the recipe and had quite a bit leftover, and my mom suggested I add it to broth and make a corn chowder. I’ll let you know how that goes!
April 5, 2011
Posted by on
I made this salad recently to accompany some grilled steak, and it was a delicious and refreshing side dish. I’m looking forward to making it again for an upcoming potluck because a) I know it will be a hit and b) it was so easy!! This recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) of cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 2.5 cups of halved grape tomatoes (about 12 ounces) or you can use cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
This is ridiculously easy …. Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinate at room tempertaure for 1 hour.
You can also make it a day ahead. Cover and chill.
It’s fresh. It’s healthy. It’s different.