Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Legs
February 17, 2011
Posted by on
These are so easy and so good. The next time you see chicken drumsticks on sale at the grocery store, grab a tray or two!
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (this is my least favorite part of cooking)
- 2 cups of corn flakes
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray (set aside).
- Crush the corn flakes in a gallon-size freezer bag (I roll them with a rolling pin) and add the cayenne pepper, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well, and pour out into a shallow dish.
- Beat the eggs.
- Take your skinless drumsticks and dip each one into the egg and then coat with the corn flake mixture.
- Place drumsticks onto the sheet pan, making sure each drumstick has enough room to “breathe.”
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour (until meat is no longer pink, and the outside is golden and crispy).
Want to do the work once and dine twice? After the chicken is cooked, cool the drumsticks in the fridge. When they are completely cooled, put them into a freezer bag and pop them in the freezer. When you are ready for them later, take your frozen drumsticks and put them back on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
If I’m going to pull skin off of chicken, I’m going to do it once. So, I tend to double or triple this recipe and then enjoy my efforts time and again.