Just another WordPress.com site
February 12, 2011Posted by on
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T curry powder
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Cooked white rice
- Optional: 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn; 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle it with the curry and cinnamon, toss, and set aside.
2. Heat 1 T of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Add the broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer. Return the onion and zucchini to the skillet until the chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Place cooked rice in individual bowls and top with your chicken curry. If desired, sprinkle with basil and almonds.
You can substitute coconut milk for the cream …. eggplant for the zucchini … cilantro for the basil … and cashews for the almonds.