Just another WordPress.com site
Slow-Cooker: Chicken and Bean Tacos
February 5, 2011Posted by on
After I have had a very long day at work, it’s a glorious feeling to walk through the door and smell dinner being cooked. In my house, the only way THAT will happen is if I have something going in the slow-cooker. I love my husband, but unless you want him to make you a simple quesadilla, dinner’s not going to be ready and waiting.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 3 T taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4 1/2 oz) chopped green chiles, undrained (omit if you’re not a fan)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t crushed coriander seed
- 1 can (9oz) beans – I like to do black beans, but you can also use cannellini, butter or pinto beans
- Taco shells or tortillas
- Desired toppings, like shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, etc
1. Place the chicken in your slow cooker (3 1/2 – 4 quart size). Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and top with green chiles.
2. Mix tomato sauce, cumin and coriander in a bowl and then pour over chicken.
3. Top with beans.
4. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
5. Shred chicken in cooker and mix with beans.
6. Serve as you like! Soft tortillas or crunchy – or even with chips like nachos.
It’s really SO easy and very delicious.