Just another WordPress.com site
I have finally found the kugel recipe to end all kugel recipes – at least for me. Why do I love kugel? As a child, kugel was a staple at any big family meal. The thing I loved about it was it felt like you were getting dessert on your dinner plate. I’ve had kugel with raisins and pineapple, with cheese and without cheese. I love this recipe so much that I can’t imagine straying from it for any reason. I hope you feel the same way!
1. Cook the noodles according to package directions; drain; toss with butter.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended. Then, add in the buttery noodles and combine.
4. Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish (like Pyrex) 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
5. In blender/food processor, crumb graham crackers. Add the 3 T melted butter and stir.
6. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of the noodles (you should be able to cover every inch, like a crust)
7. Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 50-55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting if you are serving warm (cut/serve in squares)
This dish is enjoyable hot or cold, but I prefer it COLD.