Just another WordPress.com site
I seriously doubt I will ever buy applesauce from a jar ever again. OK, maybe if I’m really sick and just want applesauce or something! But, it won’t be the same …. this is pretty fail-proof, and it’s delicious.
– 4 medium-sized apples
– 1/4 cup of sugar
– 3/4 cup of water
– a few shakes of ground cinnamon (sorry, I can’t be more specific)
1. Peel and core your apples. I have a Pampered Chef apple peeler/corer that my mother-in-law gave me, and it’s fabulous. If you don’t have something like it, I recommend getting one.
2. Cut your apples into quarters.
3. Put the apples, sugar, cinnamon and water into a 2-quart pan.
4. Cover and cook at medium heat for about 20 minutes.
5. Let the apples cool a bit. Then, you can either mash them with a potato masher OR put them into a blender and blend the apples until they are smooth. I prefer to blend them. They come out so much more decadent. I don’t know how, but they do.